Ancient Wisdom for the Modern World
February 22 - March 1, 2020
Patrick Lilly & LeeAnn Heinbaugh
Prior to Your Arrival:
Each participant will submit your birthdate and will receive a short reading / interpretation of your Maya Nawal (birth sign) based on the Quiche Maya Calendar. You will also set and write out your focus and intent for your time on Retreat prior to arrival.
Saturday, February 22
· Arrive and overnight in Guatemala City for early morning departure on Sunday, February 23. Accommodations are at your expense. A list of hotels will be provided upon registration.
Sunday, February 23
· Depart Guatemala City at 8:00 for Panajachel. You will unload and enjoy a private boat ride across the exquisite Lake Atitlan.
· Lunch will be prepared for you at the hotel restaurant, unpacking, and an afternoon group meeting where you’ll share your intents and learn about your Maya birth Nawal.
· Dinner and the remainder of the evening to enjoy on your own.
Monday, February 24
· 8:00 am breakfast, group gathering, followed by a tour of town – the historic Catholic Church, intro to the Maya Traditions, a weaving demonstration and getting to know the Tzu’tujil Mayan town of Santiago.
· Lunch in town at a local restaurant.
· Afternoon meeting and snacks at LeeAnn’s home.
Tuesday, February 25
· 8:00 am breakfast, short group meeting.
· Into Santiago for your first Mayan ritual in one of the local Cofradias (Ceremonial House).
· Lunch and afternoon meeting at LeeAnn’s home.
· Return to hotel.
· Dinner on your own.
Wednesday, February 26
· 8:00 am breakfast. Morning meeting.
· Lunch at hotel.
· Afternoon ritual.
· Dinner together at hotel. Meeting during / after dinner
Thursday, February 27
· 8:00 am breakfast.
· Free time until 3:00 pm. Side tours, swimming, hiking, bird watching, kayaks, etc can be arranged. Some activities and tours will have additional fees.
· 10:00 -11:30 am optional group shopping in Santiago
· 3:30 Gathering, ritual and dinner at LeeAnn’s house.
· Return to hotel and pack for departure following morning.
Friday, February 28 – Air B & B accommodations in Antigua
· 7:30 am breakfast
· 8:30 departure for Antigua
· Group lunch in Antigua
· Afternoon meeting.
· Dinner out in Antigua (order individually and paid by you).
Saturday, February 29
· 8:30 am breakfast
· Side trip to Iximche (Maya ruins) – Individual time meditating and journaling on the site. Small ceremonial offering.
· Lunch at our rental homes
· Walking tour of Antigua, visit colonial churches, murals, and Shopping
· Dinner together and final eve celebration (Dinner on us, drinks on you).
Sunday, March 1 – Individual departures from Antigua to Guatemala City for Flights. Cost for transportation not included. We will coordinate departure times on your behalf and arrange private shuttles / cars. Note: Plan to leave several hours early for your flights as traffic into the city can be quite heavy.
· The above agenda for our time together is subject to change as needed. We promise an amazing, sacred, and fun adventure!
· Partial meals are included. Please see above. Those listed as “on your own” will be at your expense.”
· All in country transportation, translations, arrangements, and listed activities are included in your fee. Side tours, drinks, shopping, tips, and personal offerings at your ceremonies are not included.